Wednesday, February 18, 2009

India trip update!


First of all, for those not familiar with blogs, notice that the latest post is on the top. You can either start lower down at the place you last read and read in order, or read the posts from the top, newest to oldest. However you prefer is fine.
Just a quick little update email from India. I thank the Lord that He has kept us safe and healthy to this point. As those of you that have read the updates online know, it is only Dennis Hilman and I on this trip due to the risk of danger from the Hindus at this particular time. (our host insisted on only two, especially here in the city) The portion of the trip that the pastors were most worried about is now over. That was the pastors seminars portion. (pictured)

The first with Pastor K had about 50 pastors and now this one that just finished yesterday had 170 pastors. We surely had a blessed time with all these pastors. They were very attentive and responsive. I was totally amazed at their bible verse finding skills. The pastors liked to read the text out loud. The first one that found it often read. It seemed that the instant you finished saying the text, a pastor was reading it. I have never witnessed such a thing in my life. What a wonderful lesson for Dennis and myself! I know at least I would never be able to do this. Even small books like Micah were found instantly. And believe me, they have no Franklin electronic bibles!

I was also very encouraged by the joy with which they sing. All the pastors together singing from the bottom of their heart! Yes, they clap and use the drums! This is their culture. We are so happy that they are free to worship! The drum here is like our organ. We would not stand for our organ being taken out of our churches. Therefore we will not remove their drum. Besides, with no or poor electricity, and such a lack of money, other instruments are out of the question anyway. Trust me when I say, their music and singing is beautiful and a great joy to witness.

Mostly I am thanful that the Lord has provided from His word. Pray that this would continue. We now start church visits in this area. We will hold services for about 36 more congregations in the next three days. Fortunately, there are joint services many of the times, so we will not have as many places to go. Then on Sunday we will be doing baptisms along with church services in several places. These are new converts being baptized. We thank the Lord that people are turning to the Living Lord!

I will stop for now. Remember that I have posted some notes at http://www.themissionsite.com/ when there click on the Latest FM newsblog. Once that is open, you could add that page to your favorites so you can go there directly to check the latest FM news.
In His Service! John
Please keep praying. We can feel those prayers!
When I get back, I will notify all as to where to see the pictures.

No comments: