Monday, November 5, 2012

O, SING UNTO THE LORD A NEW SONG!!

Pastors Dennis Hilman and Raymond Hilman are currently serving in the Philippines. Here is an update from Dennis sent on Sunday:

This morning Raymond and I spoke at separate churches. I was asked to serve in Igpit, by the sea, where Bernie and Daisy Senonis live. Here before the service I invited those members of the congregation who were already present to join me in praising God at the shore of the Bohol Sea (an extension of the South China Sea), just a few yards away from the church. For our mediation, when the service proper began in the church, I spoke on Psalm 96. It is a wonderful ode of praise to God for His salvation, strength and steadfastness.

 During the service this morning this bright little boy came and sat beside me with his Bible.


 Then the children sang. Little Giveth Lynn Senonis is standing beside the "Bible boy". She is doing quite well these days but still needs regular chemo treatments and bone marrow transplants for her leukemia.


 When I sat down after the sermon the "Bible boy" immediately slipped his hand into mine and gave it a big squeeze. What more encouragement does one need?!


 After the service we prayed for all of the members of the congregation by family - and they prayed for me. These are some of the faithful mothers and grandmothers who faithfully bring their families to church. Wherever would we be without women in the churches around the globe?!!

No comments: