Thursday, October 10, 2013

Come spend some time in South Africa!

It is wonderful to be back in South Africa once more. I arrived here last Friday and it's been wonderful to meet both old friends and new. Here are a few pictures of my friends from this beautiful country:

 Here are some of my kids! They were walking by on the road and saw me sitting behind a house in the village of Lesung and came running over to say hi. I've stayed at the same house for several years so many of the neighborhood kids know me.

 This is the house I stayed in several years ago when I was in the village of Ikageng. Amanda (in pink) took such good care of me. Her daughter Thabang (standing) and niece Nicky are also good friends.

 Two years ago I volunteered in a high school near both Ikageng and Lesung. I enjoyed my time with the students but also with the teachers. This is the family of the head English teacher (sitting to my right) from the school whom I got to know quite well.

There are always new friends to make! And the young ones are always fascinated by my camera. :)

On Tuesday night, I went to the airport with the Bishop to pick up Bob Maki and Dennis Hilman. They will be serving here for almost three weeks while I'll be heading to Kenya on Sunday. Please continue to pray that God will work in the lives of his children in South Africa and that he would bless the time Bob, Dennis, and I have to spend here.

Leona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God's Blessing's to All of you there! May His leading, guiding, protecting hand be with you every step of the way!!Marilyn Stenersen