Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Philippines experience!

Well John asked that we each give a brief synopsis of the Philippine Mission so here are just a few thoughts from my point of view.    Frat Aho...



I’ll explain one stop that we made in the Philippines.

We were on our way from Cagayan de ore to a remote place called Kitcheroo when one of the vans ran out of gas so we had an un expected delay on a busy street near a public park of sorts. I pulled out a guitar and struck up a tune while waiting for the guys to get us on our way. A small crowd gathered to hear the music. I noticed in particular a certain dude who had a dew rag on his head… he looked like a gangster. He seemed to enjoy the music. While I sang I saw a few members of our small missionary band stop and talk to the people. I gave up the guitar to Randy and heard a few more songs… Then he sang “On the Hills of Glory”….. “no young ones crying no old ones dying… on the hills of glory I will tell my story of how Jesus saved a wretch like me.”

I watched as the gangster looking man compelled his friends to come and listen… then I watched as Jesus touched his heart… I put my arm around him and felt him tremble as he listened and silently wept…. Then I watched as Dennis preached the love of Christ to him and the others as we got back in the van and headed for Kitcheroo.

Frat

No comments: