Thursday, June 17, 2010

Russia!

I’ve been home for a couple of days now and have only just found the time to write and send out a final update for our May/June 2010 trip to Russia. Dennis Hilman, Bruce Ruotsala and I were in Russia for a month. We were very busy each day and time passed all to quickly for my liking. My last update was sent out from Udmurtia, but after leaving that republic we also visited the brothers and sisters in the Tula and Tver regions of Russia.



One month is not nearly enough time to meet and fellowship with everyone we would like. It takes some significant timing and effort to coordinate so much into the very few days we have in each place. One of my sincere prayers for the future, and the prayers of many friends I am assured, is that the Lord would allow me more significant time to spend in Russia. There is yet a great need for the gospel to be heard in Russia, but also a great need to encourage, teach, and share the word with other living faith believers.


I’m not sure when next I will personally be back in Russia. The present economy in the USA is still reeking havoc with our Foreign Mission resources, which is something we each need to pray sincerely about and act on when called to. If everyone contributes just a little to the cause, the work will definitely go on.


For now, please know how very much I have appreciated your prayers and personal support for the gospel work we were doing this last month in Russia. May our Father’s love uplift and encourage each of us in our own daily, personal walk. We are not alone; we have Christ and we have each other.


Your brother and fellow labourer in our Lord’s gospel love,


Gregory


"Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth. I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours." John 4:34-38

No comments: