Saturday, April 25, 2009

Footwashing

This is a portion of a longer email that I received from Dennis this week. What a wonderful account of what can take place in the mission field if God so wills! Thanks, John
Dennis wrote:
By the way I think you would be very interested to know what happened today at the pastor's seminar here. I had explained in full about Jesus washing His disciples feet and the spiritual significance of it. I then felt called upon to tell the pastors that this was not just general information or a theory but that it was actually available right there and then in the spiritual sense. One of the pastors immediately said that he would like to come before God with a contrite heart and avail himself of the spiritual washing of the feet. Frank and I went to him and blessed him with the assurance of the forgiveness of sins in Jesus name and blood with the promise of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Another pastor came quickly over and knelt at our feet expressing his contrition, too. And so it was that every single participant in the seminar followed suit and as the Spirit moved we blessed them each and every one. Even I felt moved to avail myself of this spiritual footwashing and what as joy it was as they all gathered round me, laid their hands upon me and preached the Gospel. I am quite confident that they do not see this act as an end in itself but really as a new beginning.....and open door to new life in their congregations.

And so the seminar goes on for two more days. This group is full of questions and comments so there is no difficulty in making the time pass.

No comments: